This post was not acted upon by other members of the team. I followed up with this though drawing some images to as what ideas I was coming up with for this concept:
The other members of the team could not make this lecture, but this gave me and hopefully the other members of the team what my concept was getting at.
After making this mock design we figured that the design was too big, and needed to be a flat design so the money could fall down more easy, it also needed to be made out of plastic or food, and had to match more with the brief and concept. The content in our concept board was from all of us in lecture but uploaded and emailed by Kam:
We knew after creating this we needed to make a prototype from either wood or plastic to test the feasibility of our concept.
What Have I done in this:
Meeting Held: 20.03.2013 – The group meet up, to start the planning of the the concept and completed necessary work.
Meeting Held: 17-04-2013 – Met up to discuss how we would take our prototype to the next step.
Meeting Held: During half term – We all met at the Canterbury University campus to discuss our next steps we needed to take and what we still needed to get completed, which we decided were:
- Concept (Is is conceptually strong)
- Prototype (how would be make this)
During our time together we also updating our job roles, so these could be added to our presentation/talk, mine was updated to:
My name is Cameron, I’m CEO of Aurora. I have a keen interest in both web and graphic design, I love working on projects of all sizes and to collaborate with other team members to create some amazing works.
After this I went away, and having family that work in a school environment I was able to get access to an array of tools and time, I was able to visit the Leigh Technology Academy on my own (Other team members could not make this, so this had to be done by just me). After many hours of work I was able to make the prototype, image below:
When working on this prototype I also found are concept was targeting the under-25 which is not aloud under gambling laws so I re-did our concept and did a new thinking page to get ideas and make sure our prototype and concept was strong. I also did lots of pre-planning for measurements that were put into Auto-Cad (shown below).
I had a great day and used loads of new types of glue, plastic and machinery, next I set everyone the task to create some facts for the prototype and these were produced:
After these we needed to get on the presentation, Kam made a starter presentation which showed everything needed after this I worked on a more aseptically pleasing design which showed of our works better from input from everyone.
Kams Powerpoint: http://kamp01.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/aurorapresentation2.pptx
My input/final presentation:
List of tasks I undertook:
- Presentation (Final Version)
- Kept everyone to the calendar
- Made the final prototype alone
- attended all meetings with others
- concept thinking
- shared my knowledge and input
Working in the group has given me so much experience and I have enjoyed myself, it hasn’t been easy and we have argued (and fallen out a few times other things) but we have finished with a great prototype and concept which I’m proud of, we all did work evenly and I think I managed everyone well, If I was to this again I would make sure we plan our time better and communicate more.